GailLauth5
my code
Started March 29, 2012 - 04:06 PM

GailLauth5

Contributing Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Contact information in a cover letter

Where is the best place to put contact information in a cover letter? Should I include it in the heading or in the closing? I've seen both. I sort of like the whole "If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me via the information listed below" and then sign my name and have phone and email. Is there one that is recommended over the other?

#2 stcl333 Replied March 30, 2012 - 01:15 PM

stcl333

Contributing Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Traditionally the contact information on a cover letter would always go in the heading. Cover letters began as just that, "letters", so it was important that the employer had your full name and mailing address featured very prominently on the cover letter. These days things are a little less formal, with most cover letters being submitted either electronically through a job search site or via email.

Personally, I think including your name and contact information in the header is the most professional way to go about it. If you are applying for a smaller company or want to be a little less formal than I do not think it would be too much of a Faux Pas to include the information after the end. However, if you plan on including your mailing address, I would recommend that you include ALL your contact information in the header 100% of the time. If you only plan on including your phone number and email it would be acceptable to include it in closing.

However, you could also say, "If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me." If the person hiring is competent enough to be a hiring manager then they are obviously competent enough to find your contact information on a cover letter. I would say keep it short and sweet, the less words you use when writing a cover letter, the better.

#3 Suvi Nadakuzhackal Replied April 03, 2012 - 02:02 PM

Suvi Nadakuzhackal

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
GailLauth5 and stcl333 discussed some useful pointers on ways to provide contact information in a cover letter.

Traditionally, we are used to providing our contact information at the top of the cover letter. But, the times have changed quite a bit in the recent years. Many employers like Google are no longer insisting you to stick to the traditional way of resume writing or cover letter writing. As such, you have the flexibility to show your personality in your cover letter. But, this decision has to be based on the nature of the firm. If you are applying for a position in a traditional firm, make sure you provide the contact information at the very top of the cover letter in a prominent manner.

#4 Kris Replied May 12, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Kris

Contributing Member

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
I agree with the above. I put my contact info in the header. It really should be the first thing the employer sees when viewing your cover letter. While I agree with Suvi on the flexibility now in cover letters, I would say to stick with the traditional way of doing them. After all, you want it to look as professional as possible.

#5 RarunrewWrene Replied July 27, 2013 - 10:06 PM

RarunrewWrene

Grammar Newbie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Concern about Amtrak security has been mounting since the 2004 bombings of commuter trains in Madrid that killed 191 people. Trains also have been bombed in London, where 52 people were killed in a series of blasts in 2005, most of them on subway trains, and in Mumbai, where 200 people were killed in 2006 on commuter trains. Russia also has had several bombings on subway, commuter and longdistance trains.
People who are selected for screening and refuse will not be allowed to board, and their tickets will be refunded.
The teams will show up unannounced at stations and set up baggagescreening areas in front of boarding gates. Officers will randomly pull people out of line and wipe their bags with a special swab that is then put through a machine that detects explosives. If the machine detects anything, officers will open the bag for inspection.

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html I am currently a UK dress size 12, and I want to loose weight. Id love to be a size 10 again. How much weight is there inbetween sizes? At the moment I weigh about 9st 10. How much would I have yo lose, roughly, to be a size 10?
Why there are no international standards for clothing sizes? For example: women dress size 7 in the U. S. is same as size 6 in Japan, size 9 in UK and size 34 in the rest of Europe.
I am a British Citizen that is married to a South African Citizen. Currently we live in the UK but we want to move to South Africa. What is the process I have to go through to get South African Citizenship once we move there?

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html X10 modues are meant to control incandescent lighting, not florescent. There are also limitations with controlling ceiling fans. Check the product information for compatability and do not exceed the rating of your X10 controller.
Master bedroom. The X10 TV controller can be used to turn on the TV as well as individual lamps in the room. It also has an allon and alloff feature shutting all devices off and you do not even have to get up.
Porch lights activated by motion detectors. Use an X10 transceiver, and eagle eye motion sensor and x10 lamp or wall switch modules. Mount motion sensor on the path to the doors.

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html But the revelations didn't stop there. According to Pontotoc County District Attorney Chris Ross, 'as [Harris] turned around, [the officer] noticed more plastic baggies, larger plastic baggies wedged in the crack of her buttocks.'
锘縋olice find loaded gun hidden inside woman
It turned out to be a loaded Freedom Arms .22caliber handgun, with three live bullets and one spent shell.

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html "This bag was a gift for my husband who is returning to school after 40 years. He loves it. It is just right for him. Holds all his books and keeps pens and small things organized with the pockets. Looks great too! Was shipped super fast."
"I needed a new wallet and saw Saddleback on here, checked out the other goods they sold and found this briefcase. I have been looking for a leather briefcase like this for a long while, and finally found it!! I got it last week and used it yesterday to carry all the items I needed for a trial. The large is pretty big (which is exactly what I needed). It holds my 17 inch Apple MB Pro with a ton of space for whatever else you may need to put in a briefcase.
锘緽est Leather Messenger Bags

BERLIN (Reuters) Women's rights protesters disrupted the opening of a giant pink doll's house in Berlin on Thursday, saying the Barbie "Dreamhouse Experience" objectified women.
A topless woman, a member of the Femen protest group, who had the slogan "Life in plastic is not fantastic" scrawled across her chest, set fire to a Barbie doll tied to a mini crucifix.
Promoting the doll made by Mattel Inc, the house allows paying visitors to try on Barbie's clothes, play in her kitchen and have a go on her pink piano. The exhibition will be open until August 25.

http://afropackaging.com/michaelkorsoutlet.html To protect our hair from all these damages and to we need to supply proper nutrition to the hair. To maintain a balanced diet is especially important for that. It needs a lot of protein, vitamins A, B, C and E and minerals like iron, copper, calcium, zinc and silica in perfect proportion for a healthy and nutritious diet for the hair. And also our hair needs a lot of water also as about 25% of our hair is composed of water. Keeping the hair hydrated is thus very essential, especially in the summers.
锘縎ome remedial measures for hair damage control
The growing threat of global warming and the increasing pollution gives rise to many such hair problems. Therefore it is essential for us to give proper attention towards our hair and try to keep aloof from these hair problems. Besides that the busy dynamic schedule of our daily routine permits almost no time for us to take proper care for our hair. And along with that is added our reckless styling attempts. If we come across all these things we find that our hair is the only sufferer of all these effects.

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html 锘縏he lucrative Business of pet care
There demand for the increased pet care facilities have also provided several employment opportunities for these veterinarians where their expert services are availed to give treatment and advice to the crowd of people who regularly visit the centres with their different breed of pet animals. Therefore, the people who cannot go for manufacturing business can opt for medical service industries of pet care and enjoy the benefit raised out of this lovely trend. Therefore, trend has hiked the social development sector with its numerous advantages that can be more elaborative, above all more importantly it has brought people back to the lap of nature. It has taught people to share their love and bondage with these speechless animals like their own family.
Apart from the product and Media business the trend has also brought a dramatic growth in the pet rearing industries. With more number of communities following the trend of pet care there has been a huge demand for their siblings that has increased the number pet rearing industries with full opportunity of revenue generation for the industry. The prices of some exclusive siblings have become totally monopolized, where they are sold at princely prices because of their stardom stature. The rearing businesses relevantly have increased the number of veterinarian practitioners, who play the most important role in technically conducting regular check up to maintain the best health conditions of the pets.

http://www.michaelkormore.com But the brand's spring 2013 collection has us scratching our heads, especially when it came to the footwear. Unlike the wood platforms and nudecolored loafers of previous seasons, Celine's latest collection featured blue, red, lilac and yellow furry stilettos, shoes with trompel'oeil toes and sandals that remind us of those Adidas slipons that are a mainstay by pools everywhere.
Ever since Phoebe Philo became the creative director at Celine in 2008, the French fashion house has become one of the most highlyregarded brands. Known for minimalist clothing and accessories, Celine's leather bags and shoes have appeared on everyone from Anna Wintour to Kourtney Kardashian.
锘緾eline Spring 2013 Shoes Are Really Really Weird PHOTOS

http://campanuna.com/burberryoutletstore.html St. Martin St. Maarten Travel Guide
The French side is governed from the island of Guadeloupe, but it also has direct representation in Paris. The capital and main city of Marigot is described as having a very European feel, with numerous upscale shopping and dining options. Located on the island's central west coast, Marigot has a marina where travelers can catch ferries to and from Anguilla, St. Barths or other Caribbean islands.
St. Martin St. Maarten Neighborhoods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Learn More
BECOME AN EXPERT

Call Us

877-416-3698

Office

Write.com
33 Bronze Pointe
Swansea, IL 62226
TERMS | PRIVACY | SITE MAP     © Write.com All Rights Reserved.