• Please log in to reply

ComplexLamar
my code
Started March 07, 2012 - 04:06 PM

ComplexLamar

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Double Spacing a Works Cited Page

Is a works cited page supposed to be double spaced after each line? I usually don't put a space in an individual entry, but I will double space between entries. Which is correct?

#2 Mike Replied March 08, 2012 - 02:11 PM

Mike

Contributing Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
It is almost always the case that you should double space between entries in a bibliography or works cited page. As you said, you should not use double spacing for the same reference. In Addition, after the first line you should indent subsequent lines for the same reference. Be sure to check the style guides for whatever format in which you are writing.

#3 HandsomeChuckie Replied March 11, 2012 - 10:16 PM

HandsomeChuckie

Contributing Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Remember that all major style guides will have their own specific rules for line spacing, including within a "words cited" page. It is easy to find the guidelines for APA, MLA, AP and other style guides by looking it up online or by purchasing the actual book in its entirely. This way, you will have the detailed information for each issue like this which may arise. For your question regarding double spacing in a works cited pages, The MLA (Modern Language Association) specifies that the title of a works cited page should be centered one inch from the top of the page, with a double space between the title and the first entry. After that, a double space is only required between each separate entry. However, the APA (American Psychological Association) requires that the entire thing be double spaced. Always check which style guide you should be using, as the differences can be significant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Learn More
BECOME AN EXPERT

Call Us

877-416-3698

Office

Write.com
33 Bronze Pointe
Swansea, IL 62226
TERMS | PRIVACY | SITE MAP     © Write.com All Rights Reserved.